The optimal dressing for locking away exudate.
OptiLock is a super absorbent polymer core dressing. It takes in a remarkable amount of wound fluid, even under compression, and locks it away to help prevent maceration. Even more, this wound dressing is non-adhesive, meaning minimal disruption to the wound and gentle, pain-free removal.
OptiLock can be used as a primary dressing on partial-thickness and full-thickness wounds, such as: pressure, venous or neuropathic ulcers; post-operative wounds; superficial or partial-thickness burns (first- or second-degree); lacerations; abrasions. OptiLock can also be used as a secondary dressing on full-thickness wounds.
- Absorbs: Super absorbent polymer core absorbs high volumes of exudate.
- Locks: Exudate is converted into a gel that’s kept firmly away from the wound.
- Adjusts: Continually adapts the level of absorption to the amount of wound drainage.
- Protects: Does not stick to the wound or periwound skin.
A Closer Look
Dispersion Layer: Evenly distributes and quickly transfers exudate into the super-absorbent core.
Blue Protective Backing: Helps protect clothing and sheets.
Super-Absorbent Core: Absorbs large amounts of exudate, which is converted to a gel and locked away from the wound.
Step 1: Cleanse wound environment using an appropriate wound cleanser.
Step 2: Ensure skin surrounding wound is dry and apply appropriate skin prep, as preferred.
1. Remove OptiLock® from the package.
2. Place white side of dressing on the wound. Use a large enough dressing to cover the wound and surrounding skin.
3. Secure dressing in place with an appropriate secondary dressing.
Absorbs More Fluid
Absorption Capacity Under Compression (1)
OptiLock absorbs approximately three times more fluid than a leading silicone-faced foam dressing.
Retains More Fluid
Fluid Loss Under Compression (1)
OptiLock dressings retain substantially more fluid under compression than a leading silicone-faced foam dressing.