Moisture balance is key.
Achieving the right moisture balance can be a challenge. Too much moisture can lead to periwound maceration and skin breakdown, while too little moisture can impede cellular activities and promote eschar formation, resulting in poor wound healing.
- Manages drainage1 to help maintain a moist wound healing environment
- Longer wear time
- Protective, occlusive barrier
- Satin-finish backing is low friction for longer wear time
- All wound depths
- All drainage levels
- As a primary dressing
- As a secondary dressing for deep wounds
- Pressure injuries
- Partial- and full-thickness wounds
- Leg ulcers
- Donor sites
- Wounds with light to moderate drainage
- Lacerations and abrasions
- First- and second-degree burns
- Exuderm dressings can be left in place for up to 7 days
- Dressing change frequency will depend on amount of drainage
Recommended Secondary Dressings
- Not Applicable
- Third-degree burns
- Data on file.